EZ Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mobile Deposit Capture?
Mobile Deposit Capture is STAR's check depositing service for members. You can now deposit a check into your STAR savings or checking account(s) using your mobile phone, without having to visit a branch.
How do I get this service?
Mobile users will need to download the application through Google Play Store, or the Apple App Store.
How do I log in? What is my ID and password?
You will log-in using your STAR Online user name and password.
Who is eligible to use this service?
To use the service, you must be 18 years of age or older and a member of STAR for 90 days or more, be enrolled in STAR Online Banking, have a checking account and no Non-sufficient funds activity for 90 days.
How much does this service cost?
There is no fee for STAR Mobile Deposit Capture. There is no cost to download the mobile application and no additional equipment to purchase from the Credit Union. Fees for item adjustment and return do apply. Please refer to the fee schedule.
Do I need a deposit ticket to make a deposit?
Sending a clear image of the front and back of the check is all that is needed to make a deposit.
How long will it take to receive credit for the deposit?
Your deposit will immediately be credited to your account and placed on hold pending review.
When will I be able to use the funds?
STAR will make $200 immediately available on the total of all items deposited for the day. The remaining balance will generally have a 3 business day hold.
How will I know the check image was accepted? What type of confirmation will I receive?
You will receive a confirmation during the deposit.
How secure is this service?
Our mobile service features multiple layers of security including password protection, internet firewalls and 128-bit encryption, the highest level of security available.
What do I do with the paper check after I submit it?
Do not destroy the actual check until you are positive the deposit cleared your account. This may take several business days after the initial deposit was made. We require that you store the check securely for 60 days.
Is there a limit to how many checks I can scan?
There is no daily check limit.
Is there a limit on the amount I can deposit with this service?
What accounts can I make a deposit to with this service?
You can make deposits to your checking and savings accounts.
Are there any items that cannot be deposited via STAR Remote Deposit?
- Third-Party Checks
- Checks for which you are not holder in due course (not payable to member on account).
- Checks with Qualified or Conditional endorsements
- Checks payable to more than one individual where all parties are not signers on the account (including government checks)
- Any item stamped “Non-negotiable” or “This is not a check”
- Money Orders
- Traveler’s Checks
- "Stale” or “Post” dated checks
- Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country or in foreign currency
- An item that is incomplete
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the item
- Any item drawn on my account at STAR
- Checks that are remotely created checks
Do both sides of the check have to be scanned?
Yes, the app will prompt you to submit both the front and the back of the check.
I am having issues and need to speak to someone. Who can I call?
Contact a Member Service Representative during credit union business hours at (530) 895-1947.
Members may be contacted by STAR Community Credit Union Mobile Deposit Administrator for the following reasons:
Deposit Item Deleted
· Duplicate: Check being deposited was already received and accepted.
· Ineligible Item: Check being deposited was ineligible for Remote Deposit Capture. Review the STAR Mobile Deposit Disclosure and Agreement for Unacceptable Deposits.
· Non-Conforming Item: The check image received was not clear enough to process. Please retry your deposit.
Deposit Amount Adjusted
The amount you entered for your deposit did not match the amount on the check. The deposit was accepted with the adjusted amount in the email.